This 48-page presentation provides in-depth technical information on implementing NFC readers in a wide range of application areas, using STMicroelectronics’ ST25R family of devices to provide context and illustration.
This 19-page white paper produced by NXP explores best practices for governments developing and implementing a national program for electronic IDs to ensure security and convenience while reducing costs.
This 11-page white paper produced by Rambus explores five key reasons why retailers should be offering their own, branded digital wallet to customers.
Eight innovators from around the world share the latest thinking on the future of payments in this 76-page special report from the NFC World team.
The initial impact of digital finance and mobile payments in China is difficult to over-exaggerate, says Zennon Kapron, founder and director of Asian financial services and research firm Kapronasia. The launch of services such as Alipay and WeChat Pay brought with them a dramatic change in the way the average Chinese consumer spends — especially when one considers how cash-focused the country has been historically, he explains in this paper.
In a market where it was previously unheard of for people to trust a mobile network operator with their money, Vodafone’s M-Pesa has carefully built confidence with consumers and grown over the last ten years into a financial service that is relied upon by millions of customers every day, mobile money pioneer Michael Joseph explains in this Q&A with What’s New in Payments editor Rian Boden.
The mobile banking and payments market has grown exponentially in the past few years, says Orange’s Marc Rennard, and the opportunity “has not been ignored by the mobile operators, with many taking an active role since the beginning of the millennium, often targeting very specific use-cases as a means of carving a niche for themselves,” he explains.
Banks need to engage with customers, adapt to consumers’ changing needs, and provide the best user experience to secure their role in the rapidly changing payments industry explains Dejamobile’s Lorcan Burke, before setting out how these aims can best be accomplished.
The Internet of Things (IoT) has the power to completely transform the in-store payment and shopping experience and retailers must now ask themselves how they can use this technology to bring new and meaningful experiences to their customers, says Wirecard’s executive vice president of mobile services Jörn Leogrande.
This eight-page white paper produced by Rambus looks at how digital wallets can benefit retailers and enable next-generation retail experiences.
- Webinar — Case study: Lessons learned from implementing HCE for cloud-based NFC mobile payments
- Webinar — Beyond OEM Pay: Mobile payment strategies for banks
- Webinar — Case study: Lessons learned from selecting and implementing a tokenization solution able to serve 200 banks
- Webinar — NFC and the Internet of Things
- Webinar — How to develop a mobile payments roadmap
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash