Blockchain is a promising technology that has the power to disrupt financial services and, more specifically, the payment ecosystem but the road to success is long, says Jean-Noël Georges, global program director at Frost & Sullivan.
Rising consumer demand for efficient and personalised interactions with banks and retailers has led to a surge in the development of digital assistants and chatbots, writes Barclaycard’s managing director of future payments Nick Kerigan and director of future payments Sanjaya Shrestha.
Rapid change in the payments market is leading to commerce experiences that are more seamless in nature and more convenient for the end user, writes Pizza Hut’s director of digital ventures Meysam Moradpour.
Demonetisation, the Indian government initiative to cut the use of cash, has boosted the adoption of digital payments in a country where cash has traditionally been king.
The Swatch Bellamy with its integrated NFC payments function was a natural addition to the Swiss watchmaker’s line-up, according to creative director Carlo Giordanetti.
As new European regulations covering digital payments and consumer privacy come into force, banks must face the reality of adopting a totally new way of viewing their customer base, says Nordea Bank’s Liisa Kanniainen.
Tokenization can now be considered an essential enabler for expanding the commerce world, says Rob Macmillan from Proxama, as the promise of the Internet of Things continues to drive the growth of payment-enabled devices.
This five-page white paper from Antelop Solutions makes the case for putting security at the heart of HCE solutions and provides insight into the key security issues facing NFC mobile payment providers.
ABN Amro’s road to developing its host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments service has been long, complex and full of technical challenges, but the consumer response now it has launched has been outstanding, says Jos van de Kerkhof, senior product manager for the ABN Amro Wallet.
Mobile payments are the best example of how technology can add value to traditional banking services, according to Matteo Fermi, head of mobile at CaixaBank Payments.
Most popular now
- Webinar — Case study: Lessons learned from implementing HCE for cloud-based NFC mobile payments
- Webinar — Beyond OEM Pay: Mobile payment strategies for banks
- Webinar — Case study: Lessons learned from selecting and implementing a tokenization solution able to serve 200 banks
- Webinar — NFC and the Internet of Things
- Webinar — How to develop a mobile payments roadmap
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends