ABN Amro’s road to developing its host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments service has been long, complex and full of technical challenges, but the consumer response now it has launched has been outstanding, says Jos van de Kerkhof, senior product manager for the ABN Amro Wallet.
Mobile payments are the best example of how technology can add value to traditional banking services, according to Matteo Fermi, head of mobile at CaixaBank Payments.
CSOB launched its HCE-based NFC mobile payments service in June 2016, but this is just the start of the bank’s wider mobile wallet ambitions, writes innovation manager Jan Nezbeda.
Allowing customers to order and pay through a dedicated app offers convenience and choice, says Steve Flanagan, director of marketing at Starbucks Europe.
This 14-page white paper from the NFC Forum lays out the benefits to public transport operators (PTOs) of implementing NFC technology, and the importance of guaranteed interoperability between NFC-enabled devices and mobile ticketing systems.
This nine-page Quick Guide to Tokenization from Rambus provides an overview of the emergence of tokenization technology as a method for securing mobile payments.
This latest issue of Mahindra Comviva’s quarterly magazine Vritti presents a selection of articles covering NFC, the Internet of Things, the growth of the mobile wallet market in the Middle East and the role of mobile money in rehabilitating refugees in conflict zones.
Join NFC World, Proxama and prepaid payments processor Tutuka to get real-world insight into the practical issues involved in implementing a host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payment service in the cloud.
- Webinar — Case study: Lessons learned from implementing HCE for cloud-based NFC mobile payments
- Webinar — Beyond OEM Pay: Mobile payment strategies for banks
- Webinar — Case study: Lessons learned from selecting and implementing a tokenization solution able to serve 200 banks
- Webinar — NFC and the Internet of Things
- Webinar — How to develop a mobile payments roadmap
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone