Although the Russian payments market is characterised by little contactless infrastructure and simple mobile devices without NFC technology, the percentage of people paying for goods and services using mobile devices is growing fast, writes Yandex Money’s business development director Maria Gracheva.
The introduction of the EU’s revised Payments Services Directive (PSD2) will create a range of challenges for payment service providers who will have to comply with new requirements for stronger authentication and data sharing while also adapting to competition from new entrants, says Helene Oger-Zaher, retail banking conduct supervision expert at the European Banking Authority (EBA).
This latest issue of Mahindra Comviva’s quarterly magazine Vritti looks at the trends and technologies driving the next wave of mobile payments and digital commerce and includes articles about conversational commerce, the use of biometrics in payments and ways to address the gender gap in the uptake of mobile money.
This 10-page guide from Rambus provides an overview of Samsung Pay and introduces its key features, including security and authentication protocols.
This seven-page guide from Rambus gives an overview of what banks and service providers need to know about Google’s Android Pay platform and its use of NFC, host card emulation (HCE) and tokenization.
This six-page white paper from Gemalto explains why mobile network operators (MNOs) need to take a systematic approach to the implementation of large-scale in-store ID verification systems for signing up new customers.
This 19-page white paper from Famoco examines the role of secure, affordable and dedicated mobile Android devices in the development of emerging economies. It covers the participation of low-income people in the financial system, how to counter the informal economy and improve the distribution of humanitarian aid.
This eight-page guide from Rambus examines the changes taking place in the mobile payments industry and the key developments that will take place over the next three years.
This 13-page e-book from Rambus examines why the mass adoption of mobile payments remains slower than initially anticipated, and what providers need to do to build trust before, during and after the payment experience.
This four-page white paper from HID Global examines the role of wireless transponders in connecting manufacturing and facilities equipment, medical devices, inventory and other physical assets to local and web-based business applications.
- Webinar — Case study: Lessons learned from implementing HCE for cloud-based NFC mobile payments
- Webinar — Beyond OEM Pay: Mobile payment strategies for banks
- Webinar — Case study: Lessons learned from selecting and implementing a tokenization solution able to serve 200 banks
- Webinar — NFC and the Internet of Things
- Webinar — How to develop a mobile payments roadmap
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone