In this edition of The Mobile Wallet Report we present an eight page special report on a new tokenization framework being developed by EMVCo at the request of Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
A Dutch theme park explains why it is an early adopter of Bluetooth beacons, Starbucks’ CEO outlines his mobile payment vision, and Apple’s chief exec signals interest at iPhone maker’s payments opportunity…
Activist investor Carl Icahn says PayPal should be split off from eBay as a separate business, MasterCard explains its plans for remittances, and Swedbank is to close its QR code payments service.
Join NFC World’s editor and speakers from Allegion and BadgePass to understand how NFC can be used for access control and get practical tips from presenters involved in running some of the world’s first live NFC ID services.
94 mobile payments startups raised a total of $287m last year, CB Insights CEO Anand Sanwal tells The Mobile Wallet Report. Also, Jordan is getting ready to launch a national mobile payment platform and BLE beacon interest runs high at the NRF Big Show.
French supermarket chain E.Leclerc begins a national mobile payment rollout, InMarket puts Bluetooth beacons into 150 US grocery stores, with thousands more expected by end of year, and the first products with Fido Alliance password replacement features are demonstrated at CES in Las Vegas.
A French beauty brand is to use Hexapay’s ‘meta wallet’ for one-click mobile ordering, Eftpos Australia trials cloud-based mobile payments, and Shell customers can now buy fuel using M-Pesa.
Wendy’s uses toll tags to speed up drive-through sales using EZ-Pass tags, while The Linux Foundation’s Jim Zemlin and the Bluetooth SIG’s Errett Kroeter explain how the Internet of Things is getting closer to a reality.
Fingerprints, voice prints, palm vein patterns, face recognition and iris scans are all now being tested for verifying a consumer’s identity for payments at the point of sale and to protect access to mobile wallets, online commerce, mobile banking applications, individual apps on a device and physical locations. We take an in-depth look at the latest developments.
The European Central Bank sets out recommendations for mobile payments services, the CEO of Kopo Kopo explains how his company has enabled 10,000 Kenyan merchants to accept M-Pesa mobile money payments in their stores, and how ex-Google Wallet execs are set to bring Amazon-like customer awareness to brick and mortar stores.
- Webinar — Case study: Lessons learned from implementing HCE for cloud-based NFC mobile payments
- Webinar — Beyond OEM Pay: Mobile payment strategies for banks
- Webinar — Case study: Lessons learned from selecting and implementing a tokenization solution able to serve 200 banks
- Webinar — NFC and the Internet of Things
- Webinar — How to develop a mobile payments roadmap
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents