Join NFC World’s editor and speakers from Allegion and BadgePass to understand how NFC can be used for access control and get practical tips from presenters involved in running some of the world’s first live NFC ID services.
94 mobile payments startups raised a total of $287m last year, CB Insights CEO Anand Sanwal tells The Mobile Wallet Report. Also, Jordan is getting ready to launch a national mobile payment platform and BLE beacon interest runs high at the NRF Big Show.
French supermarket chain E.Leclerc begins a national mobile payment rollout, InMarket puts Bluetooth beacons into 150 US grocery stores, with thousands more expected by end of year, and the first products with Fido Alliance password replacement features are demonstrated at CES in Las Vegas.
A French beauty brand is to use Hexapay’s ‘meta wallet’ for one-click mobile ordering, Eftpos Australia trials cloud-based mobile payments, and Shell customers can now buy fuel using M-Pesa.
Wendy’s uses toll tags to speed up drive-through sales using EZ-Pass tags, while The Linux Foundation’s Jim Zemlin and the Bluetooth SIG’s Errett Kroeter explain how the Internet of Things is getting closer to a reality.
Fingerprints, voice prints, palm vein patterns, face recognition and iris scans are all now being tested for verifying a consumer’s identity for payments at the point of sale and to protect access to mobile wallets, online commerce, mobile banking applications, individual apps on a device and physical locations. We take an in-depth look at the latest developments.
The European Central Bank sets out recommendations for mobile payments services, the CEO of Kopo Kopo explains how his company has enabled 10,000 Kenyan merchants to accept M-Pesa mobile money payments in their stores, and how ex-Google Wallet execs are set to bring Amazon-like customer awareness to brick and mortar stores.
Join NFC World’s editor and speakers from Smartrac and Calm Island for an in-depth guide to how NFC can be used in toys and games.
A detailed new report from the World Bank member IFC explains why many mobile financial services fail to take off, PXT’s Looped In payments and marketing app for college students is gathering pace with 125 merchants now signed up in the Boston area, and Timberland puts plans in place to roll out Bluetooth LE marketing after a successful pilot.
Canadian firms to take Bitcoin to the point of sale, we talk to the CEO of the certification authority as Icelandic citizens prepare to get mobile government IDs, and Mexican Coca-Cola bottler Bepensa Bebidas has introduced a B2B mobile payments service aimed at supporting small neighbourhood merchants.
- Webinar — Case study: Lessons learned from implementing HCE for cloud-based NFC mobile payments
- Webinar — Beyond OEM Pay: Mobile payment strategies for banks
- Webinar — Case study: Lessons learned from selecting and implementing a tokenization solution able to serve 200 banks
- Webinar — NFC and the Internet of Things
- Webinar — How to develop a mobile payments roadmap
- Scotiabank adds multi-loyalty programs to mobile banking apps
- Urban Airship analysis of retailers’ mobile wallet coupons and loyalty cards reveals widespread peer-to-peer sharing
- Brewery puts NFC tags in beer coasters in San Diego pub
- Bahrain to launch national e-wallet on July 4
- Square gets green light to take on banks with ‘PIN on glass’ mobile technology